Sunday, November 1, 2015

Kickoff for NATIONAL T1D AWARENESS MONTH!

Hello everyone!! It is November. Do you know what that means? It is NATIONAL TYPE 1 DIABETES AWARENESS MONTH! 

This month I will be posting a bunch of diabetes related things. Fun facts, personal stories, statistics and data, and some things that are currently being researched about this disease. As a Type 1 Diabetic, I want to show as much support and raise as much awareness as I can! I would be quite honored if my readers would help me do that. 

For those of you who do not know, Type 1 Diabetes is an auto-immune disease that occurs when the pancreas dies. In my case, I received an immunization at 10 months old that fought with my pancreas and won. That means I have to check my sugar 10-12 times daily, stabbing my fingers with a lancet to get the blood sugar level. It also means that I have to count carbs on everything and get insulin with a shot or with my pump as necessary. I don't get a day off. This is a full time, 24-hour-a-day, 7-days-a-week, 365-days-a-year kind of job. It gets tiring, but it is doable. 

A day to remember this month: NOVEMBER 14TH IS INTERNATIONAL TYPE 1 DIABETES AWARENESS DAY. If you would, please wear something blue to support me and other diabetics! 

I will try to post something at least twice a week this month, but it will probably be more often than that. My goal is to reach as many people as possible (I'm aiming for 100) to spread the word about what this disease is and how it affects us! Would you help me reach my goal? Comment, subscribe, share, etc.! I appreciate everyone's support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment