Saturday, October 17, 2015

My Comfort Zone

(Photo credit to Pinterest.)

About that.

That is probably the best feeling in the world. Not having to worry about what I say or what I do, because I'm not being judged, I'm just being loved. That is amazing! There's not many people I can feel like that with. In other words, there aren't many people that I feel truly appreciate my weirdom.

In order to embrace my individuality, I need to have a comfort zone. I need to have those people that I don't have to necessarily be careful around. That is where individuality is born, because that is where I am not afraid to be myself. My true self--including all of my crazy ideas and personality traits.

I know who the "right people" are for me. That would be my mother and my little sister (and my blacklight group, but that has been disbanded.). No matter what I do around or say to them they still love me and treat me the same. They truly appreciate me and all my craziness. They don't judge me or expect me to be anything other than what I am. I definitely forget to be careful around them, because I don't feel like I have to be careful. I am loved and that is good enough.

As an example, sometimes I talk too much when I haven't been around my Mom and sister for a while. I have so much new stuff to tell them--or to complain about--that I don't exactly think about pausing to listen to them. Still, they listen to me (most of the time) without getting irritated or walking away. For another example (something I have recently learned), I can go a little overboard with being a neat-freak. I like it when everything has a spot and is in its spot because I don't always have a ton of time to clean. That makes my big sister extremely irritated, but usually my mom and little sister don't complain too much about it. Even when they have every right to, they usually choose not to.

I could probably list a bunch of other reasons why they are my comfort zone, but I believe the point has been made.

In order for you to find and express your individuality, you must find your own "right people." That could be just about anyone. Who are you the most comfortable with? Who appreciates your craziness? Who do you not have to be careful around?

Appreciate those people, because they are a true blessing! Not everyone will love you like that. Not even everyone who claims to love you like that will make good on their promises. But that has nothing to do with you, it has everything to do with them. So don't feel bad if someone doesn't appreciate you--rather, be thankful for those who do appreciate you. Always be thankful for a comfort zone, no matter who or where that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment