Saturday, October 3, 2015

Random Poetry

I like to write poetry, but I wasn't really sure if that could be considered a complete blog post or not. I decided that I would share some and see what everyone thinks.

I started this on a road trip in May and finished it with random inspiration in September (2015). It probably isn't the best poem you will ever read, but it definitely comes from my heart. Please enjoy it!

Off we go!
To "follow the yellow brick road!"
Let's see how far we can get,
Before tonight's sunset.
Who even needs a road map?
Let's get lost before we come back!
Oh, how fun it would be!
Alone in the world. Just you and me.
Should we head South or North?
I've never seen New England before.
Or maybe West or East?
Toward the mountains, or to the sea?
Imagine all the things we could do.
The sky, the road, there's me, and there's you.
Beneath a blanket of distant stars,
No place on Earth is too far!
Leaving behind the pain in a cloud of dust,
And now the whole world belongs to the two of us!
Nowhere to go, all day to get there.
All that is left is to decide where!
Isn't it fun to have nothing to do?
But explore His Creation, just us two.


No comments:

Post a Comment