Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Prepared For War, And Then....

I went to bed a few nights back. After dealing with a lot of overnight lows previously, I grabbed two juice boxes and several fruit snacks. I proceeded to show my ammunition to my mom and my Tay-dar and tell them "I am prepared for war."

Well.

Diabetes laughed.



I definitely did not need any of the ammunition I had prepared. My blood sugar was high all night, and I didn't realize why until 6:30 the next morning. Autumn (my Tay-Dar) woke me up and we smelled insulin. My blood sugar was in the 300s until that time because my site had fallen out in my sleep. Diabetes was also prepared for war. A little better than I was, apparently.

Naturally, that meant that my day started at 6:30 am. I'm actually not going to complain about that, because my days are usually better when they start then.

I guess I'm just posting this to remind myself and my readers how unpredictable diabetes is. I thought I knew what was going to happen, but diabetes proved me wrong. It's also a little scary when I know that I was only 184 by the time 6:30 came around--all of the insulin I was trying to give myself all night was on my bed, it was not in my body. Somehow, it dropped from 300+ on its own. That's very scary to me... It is predictably unpredictable, anyway. I've been good overnight so far since then, but I'm still waking up so I can make sure it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment