Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I Actually Slept Good Last Night!

Okay, so two things and some random notes. 

First: it took until 4am, but my blood sugar finally straightened out so I could sleep last night. 

Second: it is impossibly hard to get a picture of my dexcom with the light on... 

So I don't usually sleep very well if my blood sugar is out of range. I even feel sick in my sleep, so if  I am high I wake up. If I happen to be low, I'm lucky if I wake up. I usually do though, because I feel like I am falling. 

Well since my doctor's appointment I have been running weird numbers overnight. I haven't slept much. That's okay, though. It's actually normal for me to have off numbers after I make any adjustments to my insulin intake, until my body gets used to it. I guess last night my body finally decided it had had enough. So at about 4 am, it straightened out from the high streak and I actually slept well! I feel more rested now than I have in a while. 

Yes, that is something my little monster affects that people don't usually think about. Sleep is a precious thing, but it works different for me. If I am not in range, I can't even sleep until it gets better. This is literally a 24/7 full-time job with NO vacation or sick days. It completely changes your life. 

Well I was going to post a picture of my dexcom to show you that it finally went down, but I am writing this from my somewhat outdated iPod and it won't allow me to upload the pictures :) 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please like and share to raise awareness with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment