Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Poem For Momma

I wrote this poem for my Mom for Mother's Day in 2011. I thought about selling it to Hallmark, but I never went after that goal. Feel free to use it in your Mother's Day cards this year!! I won't even charge you $11 for the card :) 

Thank you
for the food I eat
And for
the shoes on my feet.
Thank you Mom,
For the roof over my head.
And for my warm,
Cozy bed.
Thanks for all
The clothes I wear.
Thanks for giving me
Your beautiful hair.
I love having
Your almond eyes,
And sharing Faith
That never dies.
You gave to me
Your “momma-bear-ness,”
You loved me when
I couldn’t care less.
I’ll never forget
The time we’ve spent together.
 I’ll always say
“Couldn’t have been better!”
You, Momma,
I truly adore.
So, to end this poem:
I love you more.

Mom and Dad on their wedding day. They are such a beautiful couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment