Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Little Bit of Poetry

February's theme is supposed to be poetry, so I'll start it off with one of my favorite poems. However, I do have to say that the "theme" will definitely be changing by the end of the month!!

The following poem is written by yours truly. I wrote it about a year ago, and it came out of nowhere. I felt it and then had to pen it before I forgot. I hadn't written any poetry in years at this point, so I am not really sure where it came from. Please enjoy "Happenings In The Heart"! 

Electricity,
That’s what it’s like for me.
It makes my heart beat,
It makes me move my feet.
I’m excited to see
God’s will for me.
I am so ready
For what it may bring.

A river flowing,
My heart is glowing!
My happiness is showing,
It is not going.
My soul is soaring,
I feel it roaring,
Yet I’m knowing,
I’m unafraid.

Treetops dance,
I’m in a trance!
Strong in my stance,
As the spell enhances.
I can’t miss my chance.
Can I have just one glance?
Of Your omniscient plan.
Let me move for You.

I’m walking in the clouds,
Oh, can I be allowed?
To take a step out,
And start my future now?
Will you change my rout?
Should I have a doubt?
I won’t scream and shout.
I trust You with my life.

I feel like I could fly!
My arms are opened wide,
I will not run and hide.
I’m dancing in the sky!
I’m following Your light,
Trusting in Your might,
Fighting the good fight,
You have my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment