Thursday, January 28, 2016

Big Goals

As an aspiring author, one of my goals for this year is to actually finish the story I have been working on (continuously) for the past three or four years. I am a major perfectionist and I want to make sure it is just right before I attempt to publish it.

The problem is, I am no longer sure if I even want to publish my trilogy. It might just become a family story rather than something I decide to share with the world. Also, my plan was to self-publish a collection of stories and poems to send to different publishers. That way they would have an idea of what I write. But only if I decide I want to actually publish my stories. It's an internal struggle I've been having lately.

I feel like my writing is not good enough to compete with the other amazing authors in the world. But at the same time, I feel like that is all I want to do for the rest of my life. So getting published is something I'm still considering doing.

However, regardless of whether my story is publishable or not, I am determined to finish it this year! It is time that I finished what I started, and I'm sure I'll feel better after accomplishing that goal.

Maybe my goal is to keep finishing things I've started. Be persistent and persevere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment