Saturday, April 23, 2016

Vlog: Dexcom Sensor Insertion

Hello everyone! So I have discovered that not a lot of people know how the dexcom is inserted, so I thought I would show you!

This is my first ever video blog ("vlog"). Please forgive me if it is bad. :)



I kept saying "into the fat," but that's because I couldn't think of the right words for that. Really, you just have to make sure it doesn't go into muscle or nerves. Believe me, if you hit a nerve, YOU WILL HURT for the entire time the sensor is in! If you pinch the skin before you click it in, then you have a better chance at it not hurting.

I had to have Mom help me because I can't reach to do it in the arms. I can put it in myself if it is in the belly. We have put it in the back a few times, and that usually works out very well. It's difficult to find a spot sometimes, because I have needles going in me everywhere and my skin is very used.

I am thinking about doing a pump site insertion vlog as well, because a lot of people don't know how that works either. Some things you just have to see to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment