Sunday, December 14, 2014

Priorities

Everyone has select people or things that give their life meaning or worth. Most people have someone that they love dearly, who makes them feel appreciated. Everyone has someone that is important to them.

Who is most important to you? Who in your life do you feel that you couldn't live without? Have you ever considered this before?

I want to challenge everyone reading this to choose those people. Next, I want you to do everything you can to let them know that. Not just once, or even once yearly. I want you to let that person feel loved every day.

Apart from God, my family is top priority in my life. My Mom, Dad and little sister are most important to me. Extended family, church family, and friends too. But immediate family comes first. I make it one of my daily goals to let them know that. They come before everything else, including myself. As I grow, I make it a goal to always be close with them. Other people I love are put in that category as well.

I make this challenge because I was recently put in my place by one of the people I had chosen. Evidently, they did not return that feeling and they did not want to be on my list. That's fine. I can take a hint. But if they had chosen what they found important and shown that, no one would be hurt. This person actually gave me this challenge not long ago.

"Choose the people who are important to you, who matter. Keep everyone else at a safe distance. Life is easier that way." That is what I am doing, and it is the best advice I can offer anyone. Please do choose the people or things you want on your list. Make sure you let everyone or everything on that list know they are appreciated. Set your priorities and stick to them! Life really is easier that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment