Wednesday, October 15, 2014

An Introductory Message

 My name is Taylor Ryerse. I am an 18 year-old college student, also enduring a life sentence in a prison known as Type 1 Diabetes. I love my God, my family, my friends, my school and my church. I currently take full-time classes at the local community college, and I will graduate from my homeschool high school in December.

I have no real idea what I want to do with my life beyond writing. I have always enjoyed writing of all kinds. Essays, poems, short stories and even some books. I recently discovered I have a passion for public speaking as well, but I doubt I will speak in front of large crowds for my entire career. My main goal for a career is to be a published author, so for now I'm focusing on "perfecting" my writing.

Because I don't know what to do with my career, I'm completely lost as for what to major in with college. I don't think an English degree will help me any, and communications probably won't either. I would like to learn about holistic medicine, but that's my only good idea so far. That or a general degree in arts.

This blog will follow my story as I find myself. I will eventually discover who I am, what I'm good at and what I want to do with my life. This blog will show the little things that go into that process. The stories that make up my life and career. Please, enjoy reading them and pray for me as I continue on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment